The Group made the following acquisitions during the financial year:
- On 23 August 2022, Dealerships UK acquired Delgarth Limited for R272.9 million.
- On 14 July 2022, Dealerships UK acquired Gillingham Ford.
- On 3 March 2023, Dealerships UK acquired Romford Suzuki.
- On 1 July 2022, Supply Chain Europe acquired Delver Logistics S.L.U. and Pamplona T.I.
- RSC Consulting Services Proprietary Limited and Clean Tech 360 Proprietary Limited were
purchased on 1 February 2023.
- Subsequent to year end, the Group acquired 78.82% of UK-based logistics firm CBW Group
Holdings Limited (trading as Amco) for a purchase price of GBP30.3 million. Super Group
raised a five-year corporate bond on 29 June 2023 amounting to R810 million in order to fund
the acquisition, which will significantly complement the Group’s supply chain offering.
- On 23 August 2021, SG Fleet announced that all conditions precedent had been obtained with
the effective implementation date being 1 September 2021. Super Group’s interest in SG Fleet
diluted to 52.30% on date of completion. The purchase consideration increased to AUD 402.3
million (approximately R4.3 billion) as a result of the non-cash scrip consideration
increasing from AUD114.4 million to AUD129.3 million.
- The Group repaid R662 million of senior unsecured notes in respect of SPGC02 and SPG006
during the financial year.
- Subsequent to year end, the Group raised R500 million on 12 July 2022 in terms of its
domestic medium-term notes programme and listed the following senior unsecured notes:
- SPG011 to the value of R300 million (3 years)
- SPGC03 to the value of R200 million (12 months)
The Group made the following material acquisitions during the financial year:
- On 1 September 2021 SG Fleet acquired LeasePlan.
- On 1 September 2021 Supply Chain Africa acquired Regional Wholesale Services
- On 19 April 2022 Dealerships SA acquired Arnold Chatz Cars Constantia Kloof
- Subsequent to year end, Dealerships UK acquired a 100% interest in Delgarth Limited on 23
August 2022 for a purchase price of £13.7 million. This acquisition bolstered the
Dealerships UK by adding five dealership locations (two Kia, two Hyundai and one Suzuki) in
- The Group sold an additional 3.13% shareholding in SG Coal to the Kgolo Trust.
- On 27 November 2020, the Group raised a total of R500 million in terms of its DMTN Programme
dated 29 April 2020 (as amended) and listed the following senior unsecured notes:
– SPG010 to the value of R213 million
(3 years); and
– SPGC02 to the value
of R287 million (12 months).
- Super Group disposed of its 55% interest in SG Agility.
- Bluefin, through SG International Holdings Ltd UK, acquired an additional 5% and 5.3%
interest in inTime and Ader, respectively, during the year. As a result, the interests in
inTime and Ader as at 30 June 2021 were 80% and 93.3%, respectively.
- On 31 March 2021, Super Group announced that SG Fleet entered into an agreement with
LeasePlan Corporation N.V. to acquire 100% of the ordinary shares in issue of LeasePlan ANZ
for a purchase consideration of AUD387.4 million (approximately R4.1 billion).
- In April 2021, Super Group, through its subsidiary Bluefin, took up its entire pro rata
share under the Entitlement Offer for the LeasePlan ANZ transaction, acquiring 21 188 171
shares at a price of AUD2.45 per share with a total value of AUD51.9 million (approximately
R555.8 million). As at 30 June 2021, Super Group held 60.13% of the issued share capital of
- Acquired a 65% interest in Lieben Logistics and a 51% interest in GLS effective 3 July 2019.
The purchase price for Lieben Logistics was R498.8 million and the purchase price
of GLS was R96.4 million.
- In January 2020, the Group acquired an additional 2.4% interest in Lieben Logistics for
R13.1 million, taking its interest to 67.4%.
- On 10 October 2019, the Group raised a total of R750 million in terms of its DMTN Programme
dated 29 April 2020 (as amended) and listed the following senior unsecured notes:
– SPG008 to the value of R250 million;
– SPG009 to the value of R350 million;
– SPGC01 to the value of R150 million.
- Super Group’s effective shareholding in SG Fleet increased to 60.13% at 30 June 2020 with
the Group acquiring 2 600 000 shares for a total amount of R60.1 million.
- Effective 3 July 2018, Super Group announced that its long-term national scale rating was
upgraded by S&P to zaAAA from zaAA and its short-term national scale rating was
maintained as zaA1+.
- Acquired the remaining minority interest in Legend Logistics for R174.5 million, which
resulted in Legend Logistics becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Super Group’s effective shareholding in SG Fleet increased to 59.2% from 57.0% at 30 June
2018. The increase in the Group’s shareholding in SG Fleet resulted from Super Group taking
up 3,958,732 shares in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan, which amounted to R147.5 million, and
the Group purchased an additional 4 366 928 shares for a total of R106.2 million during the
- Super Group listed the following senior unsecured notes, in terms of the Company’s DMTN
Programme dated 22 October 2013:
SPG004 on 27 September 2018 to the value of R450 million;
– SPG005 on 15 March 2019 to the value
of R300 million; and
– SPG006 and
SPG007 on18 June 2019 to the value of R1 billion.
Peter Mountford was recognised as the CNBC Africa Business Leader of the Year on 20
- inTime acquired a net of 88% interest in Ader, a Spanish courier company, effective 4 July
2017 for a purchase consideration of R171.2 million.
- Dealerships UK acquired Slough Motor Corporation effective 4 July 2017 for R414.3
- On 10 August 2017 S&P upgraded Super Group’s long-term and short-term credit rating to
zaAA and zaA+, respectively.
- SG Coal sold 15% to the Group’s Black Women Empowerment Scheme effective 1 April 2018 for a
consideration of R105.0 million.
- The Group acquired an additional 14 186 914 shares during the year in SG Fleet, increasing
its effective interest to 57% at 30 June 2018 for a total amount of R551.7 million.
- SG Fleet acquired Fleet Hire, a provider of contract hire, salary sacrifice, short-term
rental and fleet management services in the UK, for a purchase price of R367.5 million
effective 4 August 2016.
- Dealerships SA acquired nine Western Cape dealerships for R899.3 million, which include a
strategic property, effective 1 September 2016.
- Super Group listed its SPG002 senior unsecured notes in terms of its DMTN Programme dated 22
October 2013 on 9 September 2016, to the value of R50 million and listed its SPG003 DMTN on
31 October 2016 to the value of R154 million.
- Super Group acquired a 75% interest in Legend Logistics effective 30 September 2016 for
- SG Fleet also acquired Motiva effective 30 November 2016 for R249.0 million.
- Dealerships UK acquired Essex Auto Group effective 1 March 2017 for R407.0 million.
Peter Mountford was announced as the Master Category Winner in the prestigious EY World
Entrepreneur Award Southern Africa 2016 ceremony and represented Southern Africa at the
EY World competition in Monte Carlo in June 2017.
- Super Group acquired a 75% interest in inTime, a German niche logistics group, effective 2 November
- SG Fleet acquired 100% of nlc (Pty) Ltd, a novated lease and consumer finance company,
effective 30 November 2015.
- To fund the inTime acquisition, Super Group concluded a fully underwritten Rights Offer
raising R900 million on 12 October 2015.
- On 30 June 2016, the business of Micor was sold to SG Agility, a joint venture between Super
Group (55%) and Agility (45%).
- Effective 1 December 2014, Super Group acquired 100% of Allen Ford (UK), a franchised motor
dealership, for a consideration of R614 million (funded in Pounds Sterling).
- Issued and listed DMTN programme with the first tranche totalling R471 million at the
end of October 2013.
- SG Fleet listed on the Australian Securities Exchange on 4 March 2014.
- During the year Super Group repurchased 2 635 791 shares at an average share price
of R25.05 for R66 million (0.8% of issued share capital).
- Implementation of the B-BBEE Staff Empowerment Scheme effective 1 October 2012.
- Maiden dividend, totalling R2.2 million, was paid to 3 214 employee beneficiaries of the
B-BBEE Staff Empowerment Scheme during March 2013.
- Repurchased 3.57 million shares totalling 1.13% of the issued share capital.
- Acquired a 50.1% controlling interest in Digistics, a multi-temperature procurement and food
distribution business in the QSR industry effective 1 October 2012.
- Effective 1 March 2013, acquired a 75%interest in SG Coal, a logistics services company that
provides hauling of dry bulk goods such as coal, chrome and “run of mine minerals” in tipper
- Odd-lot offer successfully completed, reducing total number of shareholders by 27%.
- Share consolidation of 10 Super Group shares of 10 cents per share into 1 Super Group
share of 100 cents per share.
- Successfully unwound the Financing and Credit Facility Agreements with 21 lenders entered
into in 2009.
- Entered into new Facility Agreements with two primary lenders for general banking
- Acquired Haulcon (SG Bulk), a specialised bulk dry powder and liquids distribution business,
effective 1 July 2011.
- Restructure of SG Fleet: Introduced new minority shareholders, CHAMP Ventures and the
management of SG Fleet.
- Acquired the minority interest in Fleet Africa Eastern Cape.
- Repaid term loans and reduced total consolidated gearing by R606 million to 27%.
- Disposal of Emerald Risk Underwriters, AutoZone and Mica.
- Winding down and disposal of SGIP businesses.
- Recapitalisation of the Group by R1.2 billion.
- Peter Mountford appointed as CEO.
- Colin Brown appointed as CFO.