Highlights of the 2017 financial year
- A record set of results for the year ended 30 June 2018, mainly due to:
- an excellent performance by the commodity businesses within Supply Chain Africa;
- solid contributions from the acquired businesses; and
- a satisfactory SG Fleet performance.
- Dealerships SA and UK outperformed their respective markets with strong operating margins in both countries.
- The other Supply Chain Africa businesses, Supply Chain Europe and Fleet Africa performed to expectations.
- SG inTime acquired an 88% net interest in the Ader Group effective 4 July 2017.
- Dealerships UK acquired Slough Motor Corporation effective 4 July 2017.
- Supply Chain Africa acquired 90% of the MDS Group effective 1 October 2017.
- Super Group concluded an Accelerated Bookbuild of R500 million in October 2017, issuing 12 422 360 shares at R40.25 per share.
- SG Coal sold 15% to the Group’s Black Women Empowerment Scheme effective 1 April 2018.
- Supply Chain Africa acquired the remaining 45% interest in Digistics.
- Supply Chain Africa acquired an additional 15% in Legend.
- The Group acquired an additional 14 186 914 shares during the year in SG Fleet, increasing its effective interest to 57% at 30 June 2018.
- Super Group Holdings Proprietary Limited’s B-BBEE status increased from a level 2 contributor to a level 1 contributor, which is a highly commendable achievement.